German Actors: Ken Duken
Ken Duken is a German Emmy-winning actor. In Europe, he became famous in his role as Anatole Kuragin in War and Peace (based on a novel by Tolstoi). He is internationally known for his small part as a German soldier in Inglorious Basterds by Quentin Tarantino.
Quick Facts About the German Actor Ken Duken
- Ken Duken was born in Heidelberg.
- He grew up “in the mountains”.
- His father was a doctor and his mother actress Christina Loeb.
- His name (Duken) is a north German seafarers name.
- Duken wanted to become an actor since the age of 5.
- He never attended an acting school.
- Ken Duken hated school as a child. He attended a boarding school and later on an international school.
- Ken began is career as a theatre actor.
- Had his first casting at age 18.
- Ken already shot movies in six different languages (English, German, Italian, Spanish, French and Norwegian).
- For his role in Gran Paradiso, he completed a 3 month training in a wheelchair.
- Ken Dukens wife Marisa Leonie Bach is also an actress.
- Ken and Marisa have a son, born in 2009.
- Ken has his own production company and is featuring music videos for German singers like for example Marius Müller-Westernhagen.
- He is married since year 2000. Back then, Ken was only 21 years old.
- In an Interview, he revealed that his friends organized bets on how long the marriage is going to last.
- His wife and son are descendants of famous German composer Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750).
- Ken Duken starred in and direct the movie Berlin Falling (2016). Its was his first movie direction.
- Ken Duken likes running.
- Ken Duken told Tarantino, who offered him a smaller role in Inglorious Basterds as he auditioned for, that “I would also play a passing bullett for you”.
- Ken Duken has an own website and official Facebook account.
Some Ken Duken Movies from 11 Different Production Countries
- Gran Paradiso (Germany) – 2000.
- Imperium: Augustus (Germany, Italy, Spain, Austria, France, UK, TV) – 2003.
- La fuga degli innocenti (Italy, TV) – 2004.
- Karol, un uomo diventato Papa (Poland, Italy) – 2005.
- War and Peace (Italy, France, Germany, Russia, Poland) – 2007 – Anatole Kuragin.
- Inglourious Basterds (USA) – 2009.
- Zweiohrküken (Germany) – 2009.
- Kajinek (Czech Republic) – 2010.
- Sotto il cielo di Roma (Italy, Germany, TV) – 2010.
- Chalet Girl (UK, Germany, Austria) – 2011.
- Northmen – A Viking Saga (Switzerland, Germany, South Africa) – 2014.
- Arletty, une passion coupable (France, TV) – 2015.
- Lovekvinnen (Norway) – 2016.
- Berlin Falling (Germany) – 2016.