Lena Meyer Landrut from Germany
In 2010, Lena Meyer Landrut became European wide famous for winning the European Song Contest for Germany – the second time after 28 years. Since then, she turned from a singer to a model, guest actress and social media star, being today more successful than ever.
- Lena Meyer-Landrut was born on May 23, 1991 in Hanover. She grew up as an only child, who was raised by her mother. Her father left the family, when she was two years old. Lena’s grandfather was diplomat Andreas Meyer-Landrut and she is the niece of former EU coordinator and current German ambassador in France, Nikolaus Meyer-Landruth.
- Likes to dance. Since the age of five, she attended ballet-, jazz and show dance classes.
- With her first single satellite, Lena won the most famous and important music contest of Europe, the European Song Contest, in 2010. The song was written by Julie Frost and John Gordon. She participated as the winner of a song contest called Unser Star für Oslo ( = Our Star for Oslo), which was organized by Stefan Raab. Until he ended his career in 2015, Stefan Raab was a very famous tv personality in Germany, who himself took part as the German act for the Eurovision song contest in 2000.
- The Voice of Germany judge since 2013. She once stated, that having kids is not a plan B, but a plan A for her. “For sure, I am going to have kids in future”, so Lena in 2013 to gala.de. Furthermore, she is famous for her guest appearances in German children series like Sesame Street or as a dubbing actor for Tarzan 3D and Trolls.
- Since 2010, Lena is in a long-term relationship with Max von Helldorf, a basketball player. Until 2017, she always used to reject questions about her boyfriend in public. After posting the first Instagram pictures with him, she stated, that she has no more lust on hiding him. “I am in a happy relationship. I do not want to worry about it, it’s just like that!” Since several years, the two are living together in Cologne.
- Is running her own youtube channel called Hello Leni since June 2015. She is calling it her “fun-project” to give people an inside look into her life.
- Lena once stated, that in the beginning of her career, her outlook wasn’t that important for her and she didn’t care much about it. Later on, it became part of her job and she started enjoying to dress up for events and trying out new styles. One of her fashion icons is Kendall Jenner. She once stated in an interview with Grazia, that she would like to drink a coffee with her – rather than meeting her man-crush Leonardo DiCaprio.
- Lena is brand ambassador for L’Oréal Paris since 2013. In 2016, fans became scared that another German singer named Mandy Capristo would replace Lena as the face for L’Oréal Paris. In a statement, Lena confirmed, that she would keep on working for the beauty brand and that she was very happy for Mandy, who in fact became the face for L’Oréal Professionell and not – as many people assumed, L’Oréal Paris.
- Likes sport und working out, because it gives her power and energy – as she said in an interview with InStyle, four times a week for one hour.
- Doesnt like to go into clubs and prefers to hang out at home together with her friends to cook something.