Famous German Actors | Elyas M’Barek Facts | Fack Ju Göhte 3
Elyas M’Barek is a famous German actor, who starred in movies like Fuck Ju Göhte (1-3) or Türkisch für Anfänger – Der Film ( = Turkish for beginners – the movie).
- Elyas M Barek was born on May 29 1982 in Munich, Germany.
- Was raised in the bourgeois area Munich-Sendling.
- His father is a programmer from Tunisia and his mother a nurse from Austria.
- Has a huge young female fanbase in Germany.
- He doesn’t speak Arabic.
- Has two brothers called Raphael and Joseph.
- Elyas, gastronomer Fabio Spagna and designer Gregor Myszor are owners of a bar called Paisano in Munich, which opened in October 2015.
- Elyas M’Barek had is major breakthrough with his role of Cem Özturk in the German tv-series Turkisch für Anfänger ( = Turkish for beginners) in 2006.
- Likes to drink beer.
- Elya’s M’Bareks got a huge fake tattoo for his movie Fack Ju Göhte. In an interview with the platform Promiflash, M’Barek revealed: “At some point it looks like shit – with 50, 60 you do not want to have such a tribal on your ass anymore … So I’ve always skipped […] [getting a tattoo].”
- His father wanted to give him the name Murat, but his mother didn’t agree.
- His first car was a Seat Ibiza.
- Likes books from author Patrick Süßkind.
- Was raised Catholic and attended a Catholic boarding school at the age of 13. But only for 1 1/2 years.
- Says about himself, that he is a good kisser.
- Has an Austrian passport.
- He had to repeat several years during his school career, but finally got the highest school leaving certificate in Germany called Abitur as top pupil. He described himself as a very lazy student, who was more into revolting than getting good grades.
- Describes himself as a loyal, honest, humourous and reliable person.
- Likes to spend his money for food and for visiting restaurants.
- Studied business administration, but said in an interview with absolut-karriere.de, that it was more an alibi to show his parents, that he is doing something useful. He initially wanted to become an actor and stopped studying after the second season of Turkish for beginners.
- Elyas M Barek’s grandfather was once the owner of a cinema.
- Never attended an acting school.
- Was living in Berlin for four years.
- Was once wearing braids as a teenager, because he saw ghettos movies and wanted to have the same hairstyle as the actors.
- Liked to hear Roxette as a teenager.
- Elyas M’Barek attended Berlinale 2016 with his former girlfriend Julia, a medicine student from Munich.
Elyas M’Barek movies: Mädchen Mädchen (by Dennis Gansel), Die Welle, Fack Ju Göhte, Traumfrauen.