German Golf Players/ Bernhard Langer Facts
Bernhard Langer is the most successful German golf player until today and a real legend. He was the first German, who reached No. 1 in the world ranking and is also the only German in the World Golf Hall of Fame.
- Bernhard Langer was born on August 27 1957 in Anhausen (Bernhard Langer’s age is 59). His father was a mason, his mother a housewife. He grew up as the youngest of three ahildren in relatively poor conditions. He began working as a caddie at the age of eight to earn some pocket money. Thats when he found out, that golf is his passion.
- After finishing school at the age of 15, he wanted to become a professional golf player, but the authorities told him, that this job doesnt exist and he should find another profession. In the same year, he started working as an assitance pro in Munich to pursue a career as a golf teacher.
- Took part at the European Tour at the age of 18 and drove to the tournaments with an old Ford.
- Bernhard Langer’s wife is since 1984 the American Vikki Carol. They have four children together. The family lives in Florida as well as in Anhausen, Bernhard Langers hometown. He once mentioned, that his first priority is God, then his family and finally golf.
- How high is his networth? Bernhard Langer’s net worth lies around 25 million USD.
- In 1982, Langer played the ball from a tree crown at a tournament in England. These TV pictures went around the world.
- Winner of the German Gulf Championship in 1979.
- How tall is Bernhard Langer? He is 5’9″.
- According to Bernhard Langer, he doesnt like changes. Bernhard Langer’s caddie is the same since 24 years, he is married since more than 30 years and had the same coach as well as manager for 35 years.
- Likes Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte ( = Black Forest cake).
- In 1990, Langer founded Sportmarketing GmbH, headed by his brother Erwin, which is responsible for the Mercedes Benz Championship as well as other profit tournaments and smaller events for young talent and company events.
- Langer is a devout Christian.
- Is part of the Big Five, a group of European sportsmen, who have won at least one major in the same year. The other four are Severiano Ballesteros, Nick Faldo, Sandy Lyle and Ian Woosnam.
- Was annouced as an Officer of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire by Queen Elizabeth II. in 2006.
- Together with his brother Erwin, Langer was the main organizer and drawing card of the German Masters from 1987 to 2009.
- Langer was the first player, who won the Senior Players Championship – one of the major tournaments on the Champions Tour – three times in a row (2014 to 2016).